|07:00 - 08:30
||Registration and Breakfast
|08:30 - 08:40
||Welcome and Opening Remarks
|08:40 - 09:30
||Opening Address: Grand Ballroom G & J
Secretary of Defense (2006-2011); Author, New York Times Best Seller, DUTY: Memoirs of a Secretary at War and A Passion for Leadership
|09:30 - 09:45
||Room Switch: All attendees of the Argus Americas Motor Fuels Summit please join us in Grand Ballroom A for the remainder of the day’s sessions.
|09:45 - 10:30
||Session 1: Refining Industry Health
- Crude market impact on refined products: How will recent global changes such as Mexican energy reform and Asian demand shifts affect expected global crude production and supply for motor fuels? What is the projected light/heavy spreads spanning the next 12 months and how much shale oil and product is the US anticipated to be exported?
VP - Market Intelligence
Drilling Info, Inc.
- Refined product pricing outlook: What is the global appetite for US products and are those figures anticipated to remain steady? How will the abundance of crude in Corpus, Houston and Louisiana impact prices and what effect will Dakota Access have to capacity over the next year? How will this overall impact prices for products throughout 2018?
Senior VP, Consulting - Americas
|10:30 - 11:00
||Morning Interactive Panel Discussion- Risk Management, Hedging, Spot vs Paper, Derivatives and Other Financial Considerations for Motor Fuels: Join us as we identify and discuss timely market questions including:
- What are some of the risks people are hedging against price moves and what widely used benchmarks are most likely subject to change? Are there new tools for financial markets that the exchanges will bring on? How will all of this affect your overall hedging strategy?
- How can you get more accurate information on the spot market when paper trading and how will upcoming regulations and exchanges impact your ability to enter the paper market? Will Dodd-Frank rolling back impact paper trading and what other regulations should you keep in mind?
- What are the financial options derivatives within refined products? What are the benefits of exchange-traded derivatives vs. over-the-counter derivative and how is this expected to shift in near future?
Director of Market Development
Senior Director, Energy Derivatives
Cargill Risk Management
Vice President, North American Refined Products
|12:30 - 14:00
||Networking Lunch and Presentation
Managing Risk in an Uncertain World: Petroleum and petrochemical markets expect extreme price volatility from weather events, macroeconomic pressures, geopolitical issues, capital flows and currency fluctuations. All can cause dramatic swings in underlying values. But how do you effectively manage your risk in this market, whether you are a consumer or producer? Discuss the challenges and opportunities of available financial risk-management strategies to create a boost to your bottom line in an otherwise challenging market environment.
Senior Director, Energy Derivatives
|14:00 - 15:30
||Session 2: Motor Fuels and Regulations
- Refining environmental credit planning: This presentation will discuss the refining planning aspects of both state and federal regulations that require the acquisition of environmental credits and impact pricing for products. The regulations that will be covered include The Renewable Fuel Standard, California Low Carbon Fuel Standard, Oregon Clean Fuels Program and Washington Clean Air Rule.
Manager, Specialty Products - Reg Fuels
- RINs, CAFE and other key regulations: Join us as we identify and discuss timely market questions including annual price outlooks for RINs and the opportunities and constraints within the US biofuels market being impacted by renewable fuel standards. What are some of the risk factors and how does this impact expectations for these standards moving forward? How will an anti-EPA Trump administration affect this market and what are the implications if they relax CAFE fuel economy standards for cars and light trucks?
Manager, Biofuels & Environmental
Argus Consulting Services
- Advanced biofuels: All growth in the RFS will now come from advanced biofuels, the vast majority of which will be blended into distillates. How will the Trump EPA’s first RFS rule, Congress’ tax legislation, and the Department of Commerce’s trade actions impact advanced biofuels supply and demand and ultimately drive the broader American distillate market?
Founder, President & CEO
|15:30 - 16:00
|16:00 - 17:00
||Session 3: Regional Focus
- Canadian demand for products: What volume of refined products will Canada import vs produce domestically? How will these supply and demand shifts impact prices and what are some planned infrastructure projects expected to impact Canada?
Muse, Stancil & Co.
- South American spotlight: How much product will Chile, Venezuela, Peru and Ecuador be importing within the next 12 months? What effect will the liberalization of the Mexican market have on the region and how will this impact global supply and demand balances for the rest of Latin America?
Former Energy Market Consultant and Business Strategy Analyst
PDVSA, Petroleos de Venezuela S.A.
Energy Market Consultant and Business Strategy Analyst
|17:00 - 19:30
(Open to all event attendees)