|07:00 - 08:30
||Registration and Breakfast
|08:30 - 08:40
||Welcome and Opening Remarks
|08:40 - 09:30
||Opening Keynote Speaker: Grand Ballroom G & J
- US Secretary of Defense (2006-2011)
- President, Texas A&M University (2002-2006)
- Director of Central Intelligence (1991-1993)
- Deputy National Security Officer (1989-1991)
|09:30 - 09:45
||Room Switch: All attendees of the Argus Americas Motor Fuels Summit please join us in Grand Ballroom F for the remainder of the day’s sessions.
|09:45 - 10:30
||Session 1: Refining Industry Health
- Crude market impact on refined products: How will recent global changes such as Mexican energy reform and Asian demand shifts affect expected global crude production and supply for motor fuels? What is the projected light/heavy spreads spanning the next 12 months and how much shale oil and product is the US anticipated to be exported?
VP - Market Intelligence
Drilling Info, Inc.
- Refined product pricing outlook: What is the global appetite for US products and are those figures anticipated to remain steady? How will the abundance of crude in Corpus, Houston and Louisiana impact prices and what effect will Dakota Access have to capacity over the next year? How will this overall impact prices for products throughout 2018?
Vice President, North American Refined Products
|10:30 - 11:00
||Morning Networking Break
||Morning Interactive Panel Discussion- Financial Considerations: Join us as we identify and discuss timely market questions including:
- What are some of the risks people are hedging against price moves and what widely used benchmarks are most likely subject to change? Are there new tools for financial markets that the exchanges will bring on? How will all of this affect your overall hedging strategy?
- How can you get more accurate information on the spot market when paper trading and how will upcoming regulations and exchanges impact your ability to enter the paper market? Will Dodd-Frank rolling back impact paper trading and what other regulations should you keep in mind?
- What are the financial options derivatives within refined products? What are the benefits of exchange-traded derivatives vs. over-the-counter derivative and how is this expected to shift in near future?
Director of Market Development
|12:30 - 14:00
|14:00 - 15:30
||Session 2: Regulations and Regional Focus for Motor Fuels
- Refining Environmental Credit Planning: This presentation will discuss the refining planning aspects of both state and federal regulations that require the acquisition of environmental credits and impact pricing for products. The regulations that will be covered include The Renewable Fuel Standard, California Low Carbon Fuel Standard, Oregon Clean Fuels Program and Washington Clean Air Rule.
Manager, Specialty Products - Reg Fuels
- The Canadian demand for products: What volume of refined products will Canada import and is the Sturgeon Refinery near Edmonton expected to sway this at all? What is the status of DAPL and other planned infrastructure projects in Canada?
- South American spotlight: How much product will Chile, Venezuela, Peru and Ecuador be importing within the next 12 months? What effect will the liberalization of the Mexican market have on the region and how will this impact global supply and demand balances for the rest of Latin America?
Energy Market Consultant and Business Strategy Analyst
PDVSA, Petroleos de Venezuela S.A.
|15:30 - 16:00
||Afternoon Networking Break
|16:00 - 17:00
||Afternoon Interactive Panel Discussion- Motor Fuels Regulations: Join us as we identify and discuss timely market questions.
- What are the annual price forecasts for RINs and what influences from policy and state incentives should be considered? What are the challenges in navigating an unhedged market and what are the corresponding impacts on buying?
- How are the opportunities and constraints within the US biofuels market being impacted by renewable fuel standards? What are some of the risk factors and tax credits within RFS’ and how does this impact expectations for these standards moving forward? How will an anti-EPA Trump administration affect this market, will they roll back expectations and what are the potential scenarios?
- How is the IMO MARPOL announcement effecting bottom of the barrel products? What will compliance look like, how will regulations be enforced and what will the penalties be come 2020?
- What will be the market implications if the Trump administration relaxes CAFE fuel economy standards for cars and light trucks? How will refiners react to this news?
Manager, Biofuels & Environmental
Argus Consulting Services
|17:00 - 19:30
||Networking Cocktail Reception
(Open to all event attendees)