Steam Cracking and the Impact of Shale NGLs on Supplies of Ethylene Co-Products through 2018
The evolution of additional supplies of shale gas based ethane in North America and light feed expansions in the Middle East has dramatically changed the ethylene business.
These changes to global cracking feeds have created a significant supply gap for global propylene, butadiene, and benzene markets as ethylene accounts for 50%, 94%, and 40% of global supplies of these petrochemicals respectively.
Argus has developed a detailed analysis of ethylene co-product markets out to 2018 to determine availability and impact in the different regions. In the three part study, we define the reasons for the current supply and demand situation and identify the projected trends for medium term supplies.
Buyers and sellers of pygas, benzene, propylene and butadiene can benefit from a better understanding of product availability globally.
- Buyers – Mitigate risk by reshaping procurement strategies
- Sellers – Maximize profit ratios by adjusting sourcing strategies
- Traders – Strategically connect buyers and sellers according to under and oversupply in the market
- Technology providers – Identify new business models from companies who seek to leverage operating flexibility through diversification of feedstocks
- Strategy and Planning Departments – Determine profitability or opportunities by forecasting supply and demand patterns
- Co-Product Balances – Current and future (out to 2018) annual outlooks, per every country having ethylene plants help you understand how the trade flows of the products are changing
- Pygas Buyers and Sellers directory – Contact information of participants in the commercialization and trading of pygas
- Olefins Model – Excel model with all ethylene production by country and their estimated co-product yields based on feedslate mix and cracking severity
- Ability to run scenarios in-house
- Forecast of feedstock use out to 2018
Download the brochure featuring the table of contents
Click here for more information on the study
Learn more about Argus Petrochemical Services
Find out more about Argus Consulting Services